Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'm tired of pulltabs in old places,I'd take a wheat cent anyday,

March 15, 2018 07:34PM
Hombre
Like I said.. I would gladly trade you my pulltabs for wheat back cents.

I was hunting an old homestead yesterday and must have dug a couple dozen pulltabs.

I also dug up some older diecast toy parts which gave me hope but did not get one coin, not even a zinc....LOL

I hear you Hombre,

Last year at one of the WTHO's, I was hunting the people side of one of the old concrete platforms of a long gone train station near some still operating tracks. I thought it would be a good idea to hunt around the perimeter of the old platform. Unfortunately for me, this took some work as somebody seemed to make it their daily habit of pulling up to that desolate spot in their truck and tearing off the stay-tab of their favorite beverage and tossing it along the edge of this old platform. There were hundreds. I filled up most of the pocket of my trash pouch with them. This wasn't what i was expecting at an old location like this.

Same can be said when I turn up a coin at an old location only to find out that it is a discarded zinc penny when I was hoping for an old IHC or similar.

Part of the excitement that makes finding a real keeper so good.

Rich (Utah)

Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Bandido
White's MXT All Pro
Minelab Etrac
Nokta Fors CoRe
Macro Racer 2
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Subject Author Views Posted

I enjoyed my XLT yesterday, but I'm really getting tired orf wheat-backs. moody smiley

Monte 256 March 14, 2018 11:18AM

I'm tired of pulltabs in old places,I'd take a wheat cent anyday,

Hombre 246 March 14, 2018 04:58PM

Re: I'm tired of pulltabs in old places,I'd take a wheat cent anyday,

Rich (Utah) 223 March 15, 2018 07:34PM

Yes, pesky ring-pull tabs can be more annoying.

Monte 173 March 15, 2018 10:08PM

Love those Wheaties - smiling smiley

Rich (Utah) 186 March 14, 2018 04:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018