Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, pesky ring-pull tabs can be more annoying.

March 15, 2018 10:08PM avatar
My all-time favorite and best producing ghost town of 'Twin Flats' Utah is such a site. Rich(UT) knows of where I speak, and it has surrendered all types of old coins, from my first visit in early May of '69 to my last visit a few years back. At first, from about '72 thru about '85 or so, there were two main areas, near the enclosed well and over where the last standing big, dying tree used to stand, where I was enjoyably hunting along and came upon an area with a lot of the old ring-pull tabs.

Came to find out that those two areas in particular were where Boy Scout camp-outs used to be held, and naturally other adventures through the area camped there as well. Then in the mid-'80s the detecting craze started drawing more hobbyists out there, and they were joined by, or followed by, folks who camped out for a day or several days while digging and screening. Soon, many of the park-able and camp-able areas seems to start growing pull tabs of their own, both ring-pull and pry-tab varieties.

Too bad the aluminum containers weren't banned and we only had plastic bottles and plastic caps.

Modern stuff .... when you're on the hunt for early era keepers, modern trash can be irritating.

But ... the search goes on!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

I enjoyed my XLT yesterday, but I'm really getting tired orf wheat-backs. moody smiley

Monte 256 March 14, 2018 11:18AM

I'm tired of pulltabs in old places,I'd take a wheat cent anyday,

Hombre 246 March 14, 2018 04:58PM

Re: I'm tired of pulltabs in old places,I'd take a wheat cent anyday,

Rich (Utah) 223 March 15, 2018 07:34PM

Yes, pesky ring-pull tabs can be more annoying.

Monte 172 March 15, 2018 10:08PM

Love those Wheaties - smiling smiley

Rich (Utah) 186 March 14, 2018 04:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018