Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Six Shooter' kind of surprised me.

March 22, 2018 03:14AM avatar
Onearmwilly
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered one soon as I saw it. Like that flat bottom.
I have White's 'traditionally-shaped' 6½" Concentric so I don't really need it, but I like the appearance of the new thin-profile design so I figured I needed to get one. grinning smiley

Kind of interesting that they introduced the Spectra 'Vision' but quickly changed the name to the V3 concerned that they might be infringing on a model name because Garrett had the low-end 'Treasure Vision' models, then named their new version of their 6½" diameter coil 'Six Shooter'. Maybe it's because that company is defunct?

Onearmwilly
Be nice if whites would do the same to the 5.3 eclipse
They might, since the V3i, VX3 and MXT All-Pro are still in their line-up. But if they are planning any new model changes I can see them also changing the coil connectors to the newer water-proof / weather-resistant version as used on the MX Sport and MX-7. If they plan on doing that they might just use up all the older style coil housing they have on the 5.3 Eclipse version of their 6½" coil.

It will be interesting to watch what happens at White's in the coming months with any new model entries.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

smiling bouncing smiley MX Sport and MX-7 fans. The 'SIX SHOOTER' coil has arrived!

Monte 371 March 15, 2018 04:46PM

pair of six shooters Attachments

Onearmwilly 217 March 21, 2018 10:03PM

'Six Shooter' kind of surprised me.

Monte 218 March 22, 2018 03:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018