Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Correct on many points, George. But I heard sad news.

March 18, 2018 07:34PM avatar
Two years in beautiful Central Oregon and you haven't been out detecting OR FISHING!! A lot of opportunities around you and a very good reason to have moved over there from the Portland metro area. I sure hope this year will be a change and include more detecting as well as fishing. And in both activities that you end up with a lot of 'keepers' as well.

I believe you are referring to meeting Carl Moreland on your trip down to White's. Kind of a shame they lost someone who knew what he was doing, and wanted to do some newer things. Even some 'simple' things like a new 6" to 7" Concentric coil in an open-frame design. He showed me what he was working on when I made a visit to his office, but powers that be halted that to be busy on something else.

It should have been looked at in the past couple of years and engineered, rather simple to do compared to making a detector, and then have an attractive, newer and more 'modern' design small coil to have when they introduced the MX Sport. Instead, they bring out a new waterproof detector with some design pluses, but only a standard, big, 10" DD coil, and optional coils only included the 950 Concentric and 6X10 DD. Nothing smaller size for so many important applications.

Then we finally see them announce a new 7" DD with their name on the decal, only to find out it is made for them by Detech. Oh, it's a good solid coil and it works well, but it isn't a White's coil, and it wasn't a Concentric design. They are just now finally introducing the new Six Shooter.

Slow progress, but at least it is progress. I really hope they are getting everything worked out and will have something new and creative in the coming year. As far as I'm concerned, they can be working on a new top-end model that will eventually take the place of the V3i. Maybe based on the MX Sport and MX-7 circuitry ideas and be simpler than the V3i. Perhaps a model that will be a multi-frequency, even selectable like the Impact and Multi-Kruzer.

I can guarantee they are going to be seeing more multi-frequency detector offerings in the near future, and if they don't work at getting caught up now, then they'll just end up getting farther behind. That stated, I am satisfied with their efforts seen in the new MX-7, and I'll have one or two of mine along with a few other favorites on the WTHO's in April and the two in Nevada in May. My goal this year is to try and make at least one good find on each outing with each of the different models I bring along. That ought to keep me busy.

I know that 'Lonesome Arch' will likely be the townsite that produces the most old coins and possible trade tokens this year. It was definitely the largest of the three town sites we'll be hunting, with a much longer and more active lifespan. My goal this year is to find at least one Seated Liberty coin and one Barber coin, one 'V' nickel and one Shield nickel, one 50ยข piece of any vintage ... and one Indian Head cent for every other old coin I recover. How's that for making it tough on myself?

Monte

PS: If you have any questions about that new detector you are getting, feel welcome to e-mail or call me. Except Tuesday as I have one appointment for my shoulder, and Thursday as I'll be having a heart exam.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Jimmy Sierra

glabelle 240 March 18, 2018 09:14AM

Gee, I guess with your moving and everything you were out-of-the-loop for a while. Attachments

Monte 175 March 18, 2018 02:48PM

Re: Gee, I guess with your moving and everything you were out-of-the-loop for a while.

glabelle 143 March 18, 2018 04:55PM

Correct on many points, George. But I heard sad news.

Monte 183 March 18, 2018 07:34PM

Re: Correct on many points, George. But I heard sad news.

glabelle 142 March 18, 2018 09:58PM

Yes, thats was something else.

Rwjr13 159 March 18, 2018 02:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018