Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MX-7 finds more wheat-back cents and old toy car.

April 18, 2018 02:06AM avatar
I guess if there was anything to complain about, it would be finding more wheat pennies.sad smiley

Whatever reason, I've been on a roll this year finding wheat pennies in great disproportion to silver coins or old nickels. I spent just about equal time with my MX-7's between the 6 1/2 inch concentric coil and the 7" DD this past month and find it interesting that it's the 7in Double D that is mounted and at work when I happen to find old toy cars.

I found another one you yesterday at an old park, and so far all of them have been damaged. But one thing for sure, I am enjoying the lightweight and comfortable balance of my MX-7s with these coils.

Both search coils are working well, that I am selective on the type of site I use them and if anyone asks, which I know some will, my preference is still for the 6 inch concentric coil. I have a few more hours before daylight so I need to try and figure out where to go today to try and be rewarded with some silver coins and other older things other than damaged metal toy cars.

I'm not sure what projects White's Electronics has going on right now for newer models, but I'm glad they worked the bugs out of the MX Sport and it brought us this affordable and functional MX-7 land detector. I find this one of their better engineered detectors in the last decade.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

MX-7 finds more wheat-back cents and old toy car.

Monte 280 April 18, 2018 02:06AM

Re: MX-7 finds more wheat-back cents and old toy car.

DirtDigger 208 April 18, 2018 10:55AM

Jim, here are the US coin results with my 6½" Concentric.

Monte 226 April 19, 2018 05:47AM

Re: Jim, here are the US coin results with my 6½" Concentric.

DirtDigger 231 April 19, 2018 09:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018