Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Added enjoyment to my 'Detactor Team.'

May 26, 2018 08:19PM avatar
Now I have 'Older,' 'Old,' and 'New' White's models to keep my satisfied. smiling smiley

My 'Older' White's is my excellent condition XLT that I keep equipped with a Blue Max 600 Concentric coil. I really enjoy using the XLT, more than any other upper-end White's model produced in the past quarter-century to include today's offerings, especially when working low-to-modestly littered open areas.

My 'Old' White's is an equally splendid condition Classic ID that is set-up like the Classic ID I used to have and sadly parted with. It has the important, and functional, modifications for Threshold and Ground Balance (as well as variable SAT), and is equipped with a choice after-market 5" Concentric 'Ferret' coil.

Rounding out my White's 'Team' are my two 'New' MX-7's. These I keep at-the-ready outfitted with the new Six-Shooter 6" Concentric coil on one, and the other sports the 7" Double-D made for White's by Detech.

All three models fit my personal requirements of being 'Simple,' 'Functional,' and 'Performance-based' in order to eliminate complexity while being quick to grab-and-go for a wide variety of hunt sites and environmental challenges. The XLT allows for a moderate to faster sweep speed in wide-open/sparse-target environments, yet my custom 'Bushwhack' program and use of a 6½" Concentric coil still gets me reasonably good performance in moderately-littered sites.

The modified Classic ID and MX-7's are my top picks when the going gets rough where sites have a very dense amount of debris, especially iron nails to problematic rusty tin. Again, a key ingredient for my success afield for over half-a-century of detecting has been relying on the use of smaller-than-stock search coils.

None of these three models will part my company until health and mobility issues bring be to a halt in enjoying this great outdoor sport. I encourage anyone to do the same as they pick-and-choose from various detectors to make sure they also have a functional and versatile detector ...or two or more models ... to complement their detector battery.

And if you are looking for a modern designed detector that is very affordable yet performance based, I encourage you to consider checking out the new White's MX-7. If you want waterproof, that would be the MX-Sport, but dollar-for-dollar, the MX-7 is a worthy contender in today's available detector models.

Now ... to find some new and interesting sites to go detecting this weekend. thinking

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Mixing the pleasure and performance of Old and New.

Monte 250 May 11, 2018 09:46PM

Added enjoyment to my 'Detactor Team.'

Monte 216 May 26, 2018 08:19PM

My 'Detector Team.'

Rich (Utah) 169 May 30, 2018 06:14PM

Re: Added enjoyment to my 'Detactor Team.'

OregonGregg 196 May 28, 2018 07:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018