Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Opinions after ample time afield with a favorite White's, the MX-7.

July 31, 2018 03:44PM avatar
desertsmith
in the next couple of months, I am looking at possibly buying a mx7 detector for fields and open spaces.
A very good choice, in my opinion. I currently own several personal favorite White's models, and I grab my MX-7 the most often. I enjoy the Simple to adjust yet Functional features, and the resulting Performance is serving me quite well.

The balance and feel are very comfortable, the performance is enjoyable, and I have less EMI issues with my MX-7 than I have had with several other newer models from the competitors. And if you are hunting fields and open spaces, there's not likely to be many offending nearby electrical power sources to cause EMI concerns.

Be aware, the MX-7 is not a wimp when it comes to Sensitivity and I have worked into some very littered sites where I had to drop the Sensitivity down as low as '00' to '03' but it still provided ample depth in a confined, challenging environment.

desertsmith
Just wondering if any body has use this machine with the stock coil?
Yes ... but very little. I keep the stock 950 Concentric coil mounted on a spare lower and middle rod set for quick changes afield. about 90% or more of all my detecting is done in trashier environments where a smaller coil is a must, so the 6½" Concentric coil stays mounted on my MX-7 full-time.

I have used the stock 950 a few times in wide-open parks, plowed farm fields and in sports fields. Performance is quite acceptable, and although the MX-7 balances well compared with other models using a similar-size coil, my age and health limitations keep me from putting in much hunt time, and I rely on smaller and lighter weight search coils the bulk of the time.

I think you will enjoy the MX-7 especially after you put in a dozen hours or so of avid hunting to get familiar with the control functions and settings to fit your needs.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Mx7 with stock coil, balance,emi,performance?

desertsmith 160 July 31, 2018 02:10PM

Opinions after ample time afield with a favorite White's, the MX-7.

Monte 152 July 31, 2018 03:44PM

Re: Opinions after ample time afield with a favorite White's, the MX-7.

desertsmith 131 July 31, 2018 06:37PM

A response for 'desertsmith.'

Monte 147 August 01, 2018 05:01AM

Re: A response for 'desertsmith.'

desertsmith 112 August 02, 2018 08:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018