Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I hope to evaluate a White's GM24K soon.

August 25, 2018 04:48AM avatar
mxt sniper
Anyone get a chance to try a 24K nugget machine yet? Am wondering how the 24K will fare against the new equinox with 6" coil and multi freq.
White's needs to correct some of their product description, and then it's important for consumers to compare the new Goldmaster 24K against more competitive models.

The GM24K can find all metals, ferrous and non-ferrous, but is doesn't provide the same range of Discrimination that many users want for Coin Hunting or Relic Hunting. It was designed as a more specific application device for Gold Nugget Hunting. They keep referring to it as a VLF detector, which is isn't. It does provide ground cancelling, All Metal mode operation, but it functions in the higher Low Frequency range at 48 kHz. It is a more specific application unit and not a multi-purpose device with Discrimination features for Coin Hunting applications.

It really can't be compared with a Minelab Equinox with several frequencies, and it is more fair to compare it with a Makro Gold Racer which also functions in the LF range at 56 kHz. However, White's didn't outfit it with a broader Disc. range or design it to compete with the Gold Racer in typical Coin Hunting or Relic Hunting applications.

If you're interested in a multi-purpose detector for uses other than Gold Nugget Electronic Prospecting, consider other detectors models, and since this is White's related Forum I would suggest models like the MXT Pro or the newer MX-7.

Just opinions,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

White's 24K Nugget Machine

mxt sniper 171 August 24, 2018 08:50PM

I hope to evaluate a White's GM24K soon.

Monte 153 August 25, 2018 04:48AM

Re: I hope to evaluate a White's GM24K soon.

jmaryt 101 September 01, 2018 07:28PM

jmaryt 125 August 26, 2018 10:33AM

jmaryt 125 August 26, 2018 10:35AM

OregonGregg 135 August 27, 2018 08:39AM

jmaryt 117 August 27, 2018 10:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018